A dental smile makeover is a series of one or more dental procedures that aims to improve the appearance and function of your teeth. It may also help you have better dental health by replacing missing teeth, preventing tooth decay, and addressing other dental problems. Because everyone’s smile is unique, smile makeovers are also uniquely catered to the individual.
Did You Know?
Smiling frequently has several advantages, according to research. People who adore their smiles smile more often than those who are self-conscious about them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Am I a candidate for a smile makeover?
You may be a candidate for a smile makeover if you are unhappy with your smile and have one or more of the following concerns:
- Crooked teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Stained teeth
- Teeth that are shaped or positioned oddly
- Teeth that are too small or large for your facial features
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth that are misaligned or crowded
- Loose or missing teeth
Smile makeovers can also be used to correct tooth decay, worn dental restorations, and gum disease. To determine if a smile makeover is right for you, schedule a consultation with our Flushing, Queens dentist at New York Dental Solutions.
What does dental smile makeover involve?
A smile makeover at New York Dental Solutions may involve one or more of the following procedures:
- Crowns: They are usually used on teeth that have broken or decayed and need to be replaced with a dental restoration of some sort, such as dental bridges and dental implant restorations. A crown is considered as the dental restoration that covers the entire tooth or dental implant. Crowns are typically made of dental ceramic material or dental metal materials to help it remain long lasting, even for many decades.
- Veneers: They are also known as dental laminates and are used to cover the front part of the teeth to make them more visually-appealing. A dental veneer is typically designed to cover tooth enamel in order to fix teeth that are oddly shaped, unevenly sized, discolored, broken, or unevenly spaced.
- Dental Implants: They are considered as permanent dental restorations that are used when you lose one or several teeth, usually because of dental decay and other dental issues. It’s designed to take the place of your dental root, giving support to dental crowns and dental bridges.
- Invisalign: Is an orthodontic treatment for achieving straighter teeth and bite. With Invisalign, you can discreetly give yourself a more appealing smile in just several months’ time.
- Teeth Whitening: Is a dental procedure to make your teeth appear whiter and brighter, especially by removing stains on the front of teeth.
How long does a smile makeover take?
The length of your complete mouth restoration will be determined by the number of treatments used to achieve your objectives, as well as the types of operations being utilized. This is due to the fact that some treatments are more complicated and need more time to recover from, whereas others may be done in a short amount of time with little or no recovery period. As a result, some smile makeovers may only require a few appointments, while others may take several months.