Dental Insurance Questions
Please read the most frequently asked questions. If we haven’t answered your question, please call our office at 718-886-4545. You will find our accepted insurance plans below.
- Consider the needs of each family member.
- Find out what plans are available in your area.
- Look for a plan that has several dentists and dental practices.
- Consider of all of the costs.
- Learn which treatments are covered in each plan.
- HMO Health Insurance Plans
HMO gives you access to certain doctors and hospitals within its network. A network is made up of providers that have agreed to lower their rates for plan members and also meet quality standards. But unlike PPO plans, care under and HMO plan is covered only if you see a provider within that HMO’s network. There are few opportunities to see a non-network provider. There are also typically more restrictions for coverage than other plans, such as allowing only a certain number of visits, tests or treatments.
- PPO Health Insurance Plans
PPO plans provide more flexibility when picking a doctor or hospital. They also feature a network of providers, but there are fewer restrictions on seeing non-network providers. In addition, your PPO insurance will pay if you see a non-network provider, although it may be at a lower rate.
- Some insurance plans cover implants, and some do not.
- If you don’t have any insurance plans offered by your employer, and you are interested in becoming a long term patient with New York Dental Solutions, the best plan for your to consider is our special in-house discount plan offered to all non-insurance patients. We have already done the math for you! With our discount plan, your total out-of-payment for your treatment should be significantly less than any premium you would have to pay to purchase a private insurance plan.